Download PDF by Paul Adelman,Mike Byrne: Access to History: Great Britain and the Irish Question
By Paul Adelman,Mike Byrne
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of luck with this attempted and demonstrated sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and overview standards of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- offers exam-style questions and assistance for every appropriate specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for quite a few classes including:
- Edexcel: eire and the Union c.1774-1923
- OCR: Britain and eire 1791-1921
Read Online or Download Access to History: Great Britain and the Irish Question 1774-1923 Fourth Edition PDF
Best uk history books
For those who examine the good heroes of the 18th Century Royal military, you are going to most likely consider Horatio Nelson, very likely Sir Sidney Smith; yet might the identify Sir Charles Douglas are evoked? If it doesn’t—it may still. Sir Charles Douglas performed a pivotal position in lots of of crucial occasions of the past due eighteenth century, and but his identify appears to be like purely in brief passages and footnotes of works on naval background and the yank Revolution.
This can be a examine of Austen Chamberlain's time period of workplace as Stanley Baldwin's overseas Secretary from 1924-29. it truly is argued that Chamberlain's precedence used to be a two-stage coverage in Western Europe, which aimed toward pacifying either France and Germany, in addition to encouraging the League of Nations.
We are living in a time of significant social, political and fiscal obstacle that many date to the cave in of the worldwide banking approach in 2008. Many are discovering it tricky to contextualise the hardships that experience taken position within the years following on from these occasions. it's tricky to discover the solutions in our current media panorama, or in a political and highbrow weather that maintains to laud capitalism because the successful financial system popping out of either global warfare II and the top of the chilly struggle, which has develop into during the last century synonymous with democracy itself.
James Tod (1782-1835) spent twenty-two years in India (1800-22), over the last 5 of which he used to be Political Agent of the British executive in India to the Western Rajput States in north-west India. This ebook experiences Tod's relationships with specific Rajput leaders and with the Rajputs as a bunch normally, so that it will higher comprehend his makes an attempt to painting their historical past, geographical moorings and social customs to British and eu readers.
- Hertfordshire's Historic Inland Waterway: Batchworth to Berkhamsted
- Irish regiments in the Great War: Discipline and Morale
- British Conservatism and Trade Unionism, 1945–1964 (Modern Economic and Social History)
- A Tolerant Nation?: Revisiting Ethnic Diversity in a Devolved Wales
Additional resources for Access to History: Great Britain and the Irish Question 1774-1923 Fourth Edition
Access to History: Great Britain and the Irish Question 1774-1923 Fourth Edition by Paul Adelman,Mike Byrne